20111003-013516.jpg

Santo Stefano di Sessanio è un comune italiano di 120 abitanti della provincia dell’Aquila in Abruzzo. Fa anche parte della Comunità montana Campo Imperatore-Piana di Navelli. Il territorio del comune rientra nel territorio del Parco Nazionale del Gran Sasso e Monti della Laga costituendone di fatto una delle porte di accesso nella sua parte meridionale. Fa parte del Club dei Borghi più belli d’Italia.
La tesi più accreditata è che il nome Sessanio derivi da una corruzione di Sextantio, piccolo insediamento romano situato nei pressi dell’attuale abitato, probabilmente distante sei miglia da un più importante villaggio romano. Altra origine potrebbe essere “des six ans”, ovvero dei sei anni. I sei anni sarebbero la condanna dei ladri che venivano incarcerati nella rocca del paese.

20111003-080516.jpg

Ingresso al Borgo (stemma dei Medici)

Santo Stefano di Sessanio, classified as one of Italy’s most beautiful historical villages, is a fortified citadel founded in the 14th century. Situated at a height of 1250 m within the Gran Sasso National Park it offers unique sensations to all lovers of uncontaminated nature. The interior of this old part of the citadel has been fully refurbished respecting its original architectural character and it has been furnished and decorated respecting its antique taste.

20111003-081414.jpg

Now you will see the rest of the ancient
tower (Medicean)

20111003-082600.jpg

20111003-083155.jpg

20111003-083350.jpg

20111003-083416.jpg

Santo Stefano di Sessanio, klassifiziert als eins der schönsten historischen Dörfer Italiens, ist eine befestigte Zittadelle aus dem 14. Jahrhundert. In 1250 m Höhe innerhalb des Nationalparks Gran Sasso bietet es allen Naturliebhabern einzigartige Eindrücke und Emotionen. Die Wohnung ist voll renoviert unter respektvoller Beachtung der ursprünglichen architektonischen Spezifikationen; die internen behutsamen Einrichtungen bewahren den antiken Geschmack.

20111003-091215.jpg

History
“Sessanio” or “Sextantia”, as it was called in Roman times, is the patron saint of the village. Many structures in the village date from the eleventh through fifteenth centuries. In the twelfth century, Santo Stefano was part of the Baronage of Carapelle, which included Castel del Monte, Colascio, Capestrano, Carapelle, Castelvecchio, Ofena, and Villa S.Luca. The still standing village portal and now destroyed circular tower (the town’s most notable architectural landmark) were constructed by the Medicis. The entrance portal, which leads to the village’s main square, is emblazoned with the Medici coat of arms. Other historic structures include the Church of Santa Maria in Ruvo, Casa Fortezza, the Church of Santo Stefano, the ruins of the Palazzo Anelli, the Church of Santa Maria delle Grazie, and the Convent S. Maria del Monte
[by Wilkipedia]

20111004-091350.jpg

20111005-001236.jpg

20111005-001425.jpg

20111005-131157.jpg

20111005-131620.jpg

Annunci